How it works
Clomid triggers the release of hormones that are needed for ovulation to occur. It is a hormonal therapy.
Guidelines for Usage
Follow the dosage instructions provided by your doctor or as mentioned in the instruction booklet/product label. Always use only as prescribed. Never exceed the dosage.
It is extremely important that you have precisely timed sexual intercourse for Clomid to be able to facilitate ovulation.
NOTE: Use only if prescribed to you and intended for your use. Do not share with others.
It is common for people to forget their dosage times and miss doses.
Do not panic if you have missed a dose.
Instead, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the scheduled time. Do not double up or take more than what the doctor has prescribed.
How & where do I store
The medicine label contains detailed instructions regarding safe storage of the medication. Most medicines are best stored at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Some medications may require to be refrigerated. Please check the product label.
Keep it away from the reach of children. Ensure that it is not exposed to direct sunlight or moisture. Ask your pharmacist about safely disposing off medication that is past expiry date.
Safety Information/ Warning Precautions
Discuss your medical history with your healthcare provider before you start using any new medication.
Ensure that you mention the following:
• Any prior serious ailment, lifestyle disease or surgery
• All the prescription drugs, OTC health supplements, herbal supplements that you are using currently
• Your alcohol intake and whether you smoke or not
• Any history of a known allergic reaction to prescription drugs or food
This will allow your healthcare provider to prescribe the apt dosage of the medication for you.
Clomid is known to cause drowsiness or dizziness. Your vision may be blurred and your judgement affected if you consume alcohol with this medication. So, avoid using alcohol while using Adalat.
These effects may also get aggravated due to hot weather or fever or severe exercise. So, be cautious when you stand up after a long time from a sitting or lying position. If you feel giddy then lie down immediately and seek medical help.
To be Avoided
You must avoid using Clomid if it you are allergic to any ingredient in it or if
• You have abnormal vaginal bleeding
• You have ovarian cysts (small growths on the ovaries) or enlargement not due to polycystic ovarian syndrome; you have or have ever had blockage of blood vessels (blood clots) in the legs, lungs, or other parts of the body
• You have liver problems, uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal gland problems, or a brain lesion (e.g., pituitary gland tumor).
Are there any risks while using Clomid
If you experience stomach or pelvic pain, weight gain, pain, or stomach enlargement or discomfort while taking Clomid, then contact your doctor immediately.
If your doctor has prescribed laboratory tests then ensure that you do not miss out on them. These tests include pregnancy tests. Please ensure that you do not miss out on any laboratory tests.
Doctors also recommend carrying out liver function and the estrogen levels check before starting treatment. Clomid may increase your chances of conceiving twins.
Elderly people who use Clomid may be more prone to the side effects of it.
Information for pregnant women Clomid
The Drug is categorized under FDA pregnancy category X.
Discuss the potential risks with your healthcare provider before using the medication Clomid Certain medications may be found in breast milk so speak to your child’s doctor to rule out any possibilities of risk.
Report the following side effects to your doctor only if they become bothersome or do not stop on their own
• Blurred vision or vision problems (spots or flashes); breast tenderness; dizziness; enlarged breasts; enlargement of the ovaries; flushing; headache; hot flashes; lightheadedness; mood change; nausea; pelvic pain or bloating; stomach pain; vomiting.
The following side effects require immediate medical attention. So report these to your doctor immediately
• Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue)increased risk of cancer of the ovaries; over stimulation of the ovaries; spontaneous abortion..