How it works
Lamisil prevents the fungus from growing in the body.
Guidelines for Usage
Follow the dosage instructions provided by your doctor or as mentioned in the instruction booklet/product label.
Always use only as prescribed. Never exceed the dosage.
Doctors recommend that you swallow the whole tablet/capsules with a glass of water unless it is specified that it can be broken or chewed.
NOTE: Use only if prescribed to you and intended for your use. Do not share with others.
It may take up to 6 weeks for the medication to show its effects. In most cases, it may take up to months for you to derive maximum benefits.
It is common for people to forget their dosage times and miss doses.
Do not panic if you have missed a dose.
Instead, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the scheduled time. Do not double up or take more than what the doctor has prescribed.
How and where do i store Lamisil
The medicine label contains detailed instructions regarding safe storage of the medication. Most medicines are best stored at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Some medications may require to be refrigerated. Please check the product label.
Keep it away from the reach of children. Ensure that it is not exposed to direct sunlight or moisture.
Ask your pharmacist about safely disposing off medication that is past expiry date.
Safety Information/ Warning Precautions
Discuss your medical history with your healthcare provider before you start using any new medication.
Ensure that you mention the following:
• Any prior serious ailment, lifestyle disease or surgery
• All the prescription drugs, OTC health supplements, herbal supplements that you are using currently
• Your alcohol intake and whether you smoke or not
• Any history of a known allergic reaction to prescription drugs or food
• If you have a history of kidney problems, lupus, psoriasis, or alcohol abuse or dependence, if you have a weakened immune system.
This will allow your healthcare provider to prescribe the apt dosage of the medication for you.
To be avoided
You must avoid using Lamisil if it you are allergic to any ingredient in it or
• If you have severe kidney problems or a history of liver problems.
Lamisil is known to cause drowsiness or dizziness. Your vision may be blurred and your judgement affected if you consume alcohol with this medication. So, avoid using alcohol while using the drug.
These effects may also get aggravated due to hot weather or fever or severe exercise. So, be cautious when you stand up after a long time from a sitting or lying position. If you feel giddy then lie down immediately and seek medical help.
Lamisil is known to react with Cimetidine, Rifampin, Antiarrhythmics (eg, flecainide, propafenone), beta-blockers (eg, metoprolol), monoamine oxidase type B (MAO-B) inhibitors (eg, selegiline), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine), or tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) and Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin).
Information for Pregnant Women
Discuss the potential risks with your healthcare provider before using the medication. Certain medications may be found in breast milk so speak to your child’s doctor to rule out any possibilities of risk.
Report the following side effects to your doctor only if they become bothersome or do not stop on their own
• Diarrhea; headache; indigestion; taste changes.
The following side effects require immediate medical attention. So report these to your doctor immediately.
• Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); red, blistered, peeling, or swollen skin; symptoms of infection (eg, fever, chills, sore throat); symptoms of liver problems (eg, dark urine; loss of appetite; pale stools; stomach pain; unexplained, persistent nausea; unusual tiredness; vomiting; yellowing of the skin or eyes); unusual bruising or bleeding; vision changes.